RESUMEN DE ARTÍCULO CITADO:
Endodontic Study Guide
Procedural Accidents: An Online Study Guide
The Editorial Board of the Journal of Endodontics has developed a literature-based study guide of topical areas related to endodontics. This study guide is intended to give the reader a focused review of the essential endodontic literature and does not cite all possible articles related to each topic. Although citing all articles would be comprehensive, it would defeat the idea of a study guide. This section will cover procedural accidents, including perforation repairs, separated instrument, and accidents with irrigants and endodontic materials.
- S. Seltzer, I. Sinai and D. August, Periodontal effects of root perforations before and during endodontic procedures, J Dent Res 49 (1970), pp. 332–339.
- M.E. ElDeeb, M. ElDeeb, A. Tabibi and J.R. Jensen, An evaluation of the use of amalgam, Cavit, and calcium hydroxide in the repair of furcation perforations, J Endod 8 (1982), pp. 459–466. Abstract | PDF (919 K) |
- R.C.K. Jew, F.S. Weine, J.J. Keene and M.H. Smulson, A histologic evaluation of periodontal tissues adjacent to root perforations filled with Cavit, Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol 54 (1982), pp. 124–135. Abstract | Article | PDF (7419 K) |
- F.W. Benenati, J.B. Roane, J.T. Biggs and J.H. Simon, Recall evaluation of iatrogenic root perforations repaired with amalgam and gutta-percha, J Endod 12 (1986), pp. 161–166. Abstract | PDF (2654 K) |
- R.R. Lemon, Nonsurgical repair of perforation defects: internal matrix concept, Dent Clin North Am 36 (1992), pp. 439–457.
- S.J. Lee, M. Monsef and M. Torabinejad, Sealing ability of a mineral trioxide aggregate for repair of lateral root perforations, J Endod 19 (1993), pp. 541–544. Abstract | PDF (1151 K) |
- T.R. Pitt Ford, M. Torabinejad, D.J. McKendry, C. Hong and S.P. Kariyawasam, Use of mineral trioxide aggregate for repair of furcal perforations, Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 79 (1995), pp. 756–762.
- Z. Fuss and M. Trope, Root perforations: classification and treatment choices based on prognostic factors, Endod Dent Traumatol 12 (1996), pp. 255–264. Full Text via CrossRef |
- M.R. Dragoo, Resin-ionomer and hybrid-ionomer cements: part II—clinical and histological wound healing responses in specific periodontal lesions, Int J Perio Rest Dent 17 (1997), pp. 75–87.
- H.A. Alhadainy, V.T. Himel, W.B. Lee and Y.M. Elbaghdady, Use of hydroxylapatite-based material and calcium sulfate as artificial floors to repair furcal perforations, Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 86 (1998), pp. 723–729. Article | PDF (3332 K) |
- T.T. Nakata, K.S. Bae and J.C. Baumgartner, Perforation repair comparing mineral trioxide aggregate and amalgam using an anaerobic bacterial leakage model, J Endod 24 (1998), pp. 184–186.(Abstract)
- S.R. Sluyk, P.C. Moon and G.R. Hartwell, Evaluation of setting properties and retention characteristics of mineral trioxide aggregate when used as a furcation perforation repair material, J Endod 24 (1998), pp. 768–771.(Abstract)
- R.S. Roda, Root perforation repair: surgical and nonsurgical management, Pract Proced Aesthet Dent 13 (2001), pp. 467–472.
- J.K. Weldon, D.H. Pashley, R.J. Loushine, R.N. Weller and W.F. Kimbrough, Sealing ability of mineral trioxide aggregate and Super-EBA when used as furcation repair materials: a longitudinal study, J Endod 28 (2002), pp. 467–470.
- C. Main, N. Mirzayan, S. Shabahang and M. Torabinejad, Repair of root perforation using mineral trioxide aggregate: a long-term study, J Endod 30 (2004), pp. 80–83.(Abstract)
- D.M. Ferris and J.C. Baumgartner, Perforation repair comparing two types of mineral trioxide aggregate, J Endod 30 (2004), pp. 422–424.(Abstract)
- I. Hardy, F.R. Liewehr, A.P. Joyce, K. Agee and D.H. Pashley, Sealing ability of One-Up Bond and MTA with and without a secondary seal as furcation perforation repair materials, J Endod 30 (2004), pp. 658–661. (Abstract)
- T. Yildirim, N. Gencoglu, I. Firat, C. Perk and O. Guzel, Histologic study of furcation perforations treated with MTA or Super EBA in dogs' teeth, Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 100 (2005), pp. 120–124.(Abstract)
- J.D. Regan, D.E. Witherspoon and D.M. Foyle, Surgical repair of root and tooth perforations, Endod Topics 11 (2005), pp. 152–178. (Abstract)
- I. Tsesis and Z. Fuss, Diagnosis and treatment of accidental root perforations, Endod Topics 13 (2006), pp. 95–107 (Abstract)
JOE Editorial Board. Procedural Accidents: An Online Study Guide. JOE 2008;34:e65– e70 Disponible en www.sciencedirect.com
Investigado por Claudia Margarita Camacho Álvarez, Alumna del grupo 2622-2008, FES Iztacala, UNAM