RESUMEN DE ARTÍCULO CITADO:
Endodontic Study Guide
Procedural Accidents: An Online Study Guide
The Editorial Board of the Journal of Endodontics has developed a literature-based study guide of topical areas related to endodontics. This study guide is intended to give the reader a focused review of the essential endodontic literature and does not cite all possible articles related to each topic. Although citing all articles would be comprehensive, it would defeat the idea of a study guide. This section will cover procedural accidents, including perforation repairs, separated instrument, and accidents with irrigants and endodontic materials.
- M.C. Crump and E. Natkin, Relationship of broken root canal instruments to endodontic case prognosis: a clinical investigation, J Am Dent Assoc 80 (1970), pp. 1341–1347.
- J. Fox, R.M. Moodnik, E. Greenfield and J.S. Atkinson, Filling root canals with files: radiographic evaluation of 304 cases, N Y State Dent J 38 (1972), pp. 154–157.
- A.L. Frank, The dilemma of the fractured instrument, J Endod 9 (1983), pp. 515–516. Abstract | PDF (146 K)
- E. Mandel, M. Adib-Yazdi, L.M. Benhamou, T. Lachkar, C. Mesgouez and M. Sobel, Rotary Ni-Ti Profile systems for preparing curved canals in resin blocks: influence of operator on instrument breakage, Int Endod J 32 (1999), pp. 436–443. Abstract
- M. Hulsmann and I. Schinkel, Influence of several factors on the success or failure of removal of fractured instruments from the root canal, Endod Dent Traumatol 15 (1999), pp. 252–258. Abstract
- J.R. Ward, P. Parashos and H.H. Messer, Evaluation of an ultrasonic technique to remove fractured rotary nickel-titanium endodontic instruments from root canals: clinical cases, J Endod 29 (2003), pp. 764–767. Abstract
- J.L. Saunders, P.D. Eleazer, P. Zhang and S. Michalek, Effect of a separated instrument on bacterial penetration of obturated root canals, J Endod 30 (2004), pp. 177–179. Abstract
- N. Souter and H.H. Messer, Complications associated with fractured file removal using an ultrasonic technique, J Endod 31 (2005), pp. 450–452. Abstract
- P. Spili, P. Parashos and H.H. Messer, The impact of instrument fracture on outcome of endodontic treatment, J Endod 31 (2005), pp. 845–850.Abstract
- M.K. Iqbal, H. Rafailov, S.I. Kratchman and B. Karabucak, A comparison of three methods for preparing centered platforms around separated instruments in curved canals, J Endod 32 (2006), pp. 48–51. Abstract
ir a INICIO
IRRIGANTS AND MATERIALS
- R.A. Kopczyk, C.J. Cunningham and H. Abrams, Periodontal implications of formocresol medication, J Endod 12 (1986), pp. 567–569. Abstract | PDF (440 K)
- C.L. Sabala and S.E. Powell, Sodium hypochlorite injection into periapical tissues, J Endod 15 (1989), pp. 490–492. Abstract | PDF (1164 K)
- E.J. Neaverth and R. Swindle, A serious complication following the inadvertent injection of sodium hypochlorite outside the root canal system, Compendium 11 (1990), pp. 474–480.
- D.G. Ehrich, J.D. Brian and W.A. Walker, Sodium hypochlorite accident: inadvertent injection into the maxillary sinus, J Endod 19 (1993), pp. 180–182. Abstract | PDF (2734 K)
- D.E. Battrum and J.L. Gutmann, Implications, prevention and management of subcutaneous emphysema during endodontic treatment, Endod Dent Traumatol 11 (1995), pp. 109–114. Full Text via CrossRef
- P. Mehra, C. Clancy and J. Wu, Formation of a facial hematoma during endodontic therapy, J Am Dent Assoc 131 (2000), pp. 67–71.
- M. Hulsmann and W. Hahn, Complications during root canal irrigation, Int Endod J 33 (2000), pp. 186–193. Full Text via CrossRef
- N. Blanas, F. Kienle and G.K.B. Sandor, Injury to the inferior alveolar nerve due to thermoplastic gutta-percha, J Oral Maxillofac Surg 60 (2002), pp. 574–576. Abstract | PDF (84 K)
- P. Lindgren, K.F. Eriksson and A. Ringberg, Severe facial ischemia after endodontic treatment, J Oral Maxillofac Surg 60 (2002), pp. 576–579. Abstract | PDF (229 K)
- F.K. Ahlgren, A.C. Johannessen and S. Hellem, Displaced calcium hydroxide paste causing inferior alveolar nerve paraesthesia: report of a case, Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 96 (2003), pp. 734–737. Article | PDF (392 K)
- A.H. Gluskin, Mishaps and serious complications in endodontic obturation, Endod Topics 12 (2005), pp. 52–70. Full Text via CrossRef
- M.A. Pogrel, Damage to the inferior alveolar nerve as the result of root canal therapy, J Am Dent Assoc 138 (2007), pp. 65–69.
JOE Editorial Board. Procedural Accidents: An Online Study Guide. JOE 2008;34:e65– e70 Disponible en www.sciencedirect.com
Investigado por Claudia Margarita Camacho Álvarez, Alumna del grupo 2622-2008, FES Iztacala, UNAM